Vedanta Center’s New Temple: News and Appeal
We are thrilled to announce that our new temple project is nearing completion, and will be inaugurated on the weekend of April 19 to 21. We invite you to participate in funding the construction, to buy a home next to the Vedanta Center, or just to enjoy seeing a magnificent edifice take form. (See the photo gallery.) Latest photos can be seen here.
- The architecture recalls many of the distinguishing features of our main temple at Belur Math in India.
- The shrine will have a marble image of Sri Ramakrishna
- The worship hall will easily seat 180 people
- The full basement will have a commercial kitchen, and space for serving food, and hosting music concerts and special programs
- The parking lot will accommodate ninety vehicles
- Twelve duplex townhouses will be built on the plot to the east of the Center, and twenty single family homes will be built to the west and north of the center, by Craftstar Homes. Craftstar’s website has floorplans and more for the townhomes and single family homes.
- Please contact us if you think you might be interested in purchasing one of the townhouses or single-family homes. We hope many friends will take advantage of this unique opportunity to live within a few steps of a Vedanta Center.
- We will be posting more detailed information with photographs and floor plans as soon as Craftstar makes them available.
- The construction of the temple and the adjacent homes represents a new phase in the development of the Vedanta Center.
- We hope to convert the present meeting hall into a book store and reading room. Participation of members and friends in running the book store, as well as in maintaining the additional space, will be essential.
- The initial core of supporters has worked tirelessly for the center. We hope that the next generation will continue in their footsteps and consider service to the center to be an essential part of their spiritual life and practice.
- We appeal to devotees, friends, and supporters of the Vedanta Center to give generously to the temple fund.
- Our monthly expenses will increase with the larger facility. Many of our members have pledged a monthly donation to help with the center’s running expenses. If you have not done so, please consider making such a monthly pledge. If you have done so, please consider raising it according to your capability.
- You can indicate the amount you wish to pledge on our pledge form, or by sending us an e-mail at vedanta.dc [Email address: vedanta.dc #AT# gmail.com - replace #AT# with @ ].
Donations to the Vedanta Center are tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the IRS tax code. Our tax id number is 52-2032566. Donations may be mailed to Vedanta Center, 3001 Bel Pre Road, Silver Spring, MD 20906.